Do you ever stop to think about what kind of person you want to become?
Or are you the kind of person who just drifts along, on auto-pilot, waiting to see what life throws at you?
Sadly, most of the people I run into day-to-day are drifting and wondering why they don’t feel fulfilled or have a sense of purpose in life. That’s why, today, I want to share a quick exercise with you that will help change all that.
A typical goal-setting exercise encourages you to look ahead to the things you want to have in life — what you’d like to achieve, buy or own. But this exercise goes farther — it helps you define who you want to be.
It only takes five minutes and the insights it brings can be life-changing.
Here we go.Most people drift along on auto-pilot waiting to see what life throws at them — are you one of them? Here's an exercise for you that will help change all that. Click To Tweet
Step 1— Imagine That You’re At A Funeral…
Now it may seem a little grim, but I want you to envision a funeral. And it’s filled with all of your family and friends. Everyone you’ve ever known.
And as you look around, you realize something: this is your funeral. You’re observing the ceremony and your loved ones are about to start their eulogies.
I’m not saying this to be morbid, or to make you feel bad. I’m asking you to envision this for a very important reason:
I want you to stop and think about what the people in your life would have to say about you.
One by one, observe them standing on the stage and ask the crowd what it was they admired most about you. What made you tick as a person. What hopes and dreams you were able to achieve. How you changed the world.
What would you want them to say?
Take a few minutes to think about it. Maybe even write down what you’d like to hear. Then, come back to the present day. Really think about how you want to be remembered by others.
Then ask yourself: are you on that track now? Are you doing the things you need to do in order to become that person for the rest of your life?
If not – why not? What do you need to change about your life to build yourself into the highest version of yourself?
Take a moment to think about this then move on to step 2…
Step 2 — Answer These Important Questions
Without a clear direction in life, it’s hard to make the change you want to see in the world or to become the person you’ve always aspired to be. And without a sense of purpose, the direction you need to take can be a struggle to discover.
So now, I want you to grab a piece of paper. Because this is where taking notes is really important. I want you to sit with that pen and paper and really think about the questions I’m about to ask you.
When it comes to planning your future, there are a few things you need to stop and consider:
- What were your dreams and desires when you were younger?
- Have your dreams changed over time, or have you just told yourself they weren’t worth pursuing?
- What are you really good at? What things come naturally and easily for you?
- What really excites you and gives you a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment?
- What would you regret not fully doing, being, or having in your life?
I know these aren’t easy questions. But what I’m trying to get at here is helping you identify what’s the most important to you in life.
Because when you find your passion and your purpose in life, suddenly the path to becoming the person you want to be is so much more clear.
Once you know what your passion is, it’s time to start planning.
Step 3 — Plan & Take Action
To become the person you want people to remember, you need a plan and you need to take action.
Every day this week, I want you to really think about the answers you’ve written down. And I want you to take at least one action that will help put you on the path to become the person you want people to remember.
It could be as simple as making time for an interest or hobby. It could be as ambitious as finally writing up a business plan for your big idea to positively change many peoples’ lives.
So what should you do if you’re not living your passion and purpose… but want to?
If you’re not living with the passion and purpose you want in life, you probably fall into one of three categories:
- You don’t know your passion or purpose and you’re having trouble figuring it out.
- You think you know your passion or purpose, but you aren’t completely sure you’re on the right track.
- You’ve already found your passion or purpose, but now you haven’t been able to make good money with it.
If any of those statements apply to you, then good news…
I’m hosting a special FREE web class called,
“Passion, Purpose, and Profits.”
The web class is designed to help you identify your passions and map out a path to real wealth.
You will also learn:
- The #1 problem most people have when choosing a business or career that leaves them with no passion, no meaning and a lot of frustration.
- 3 critical guidelines you MUST follow if you want to turn your passion and purpose into profits
- A simple strategy to find a business or career that you will not only succeed with financially but will also make you truly happy and fulfilled!
- A major mistake people make when trying to find their passion and why passion may be the most misunderstood word in the English dictionary.
- And much, MUCH more!
Good, or good?!
After the training, you’ll have a much clearer idea of how to get rich doing what you love!
Click here to reserve your spot and select a time that works best for you. See you there!
What did you think about the exercise above? Will you utilize this exercise in your life? Please share in the comments below!
For Your Freedom,